torstai 5. marraskuuta 2009

Eastern European countries in numbers

To be completely honest I don't really know much about Eastern European countries and even less about PR in these countries. I therefore decided to look for some facts and because I love numbers and charts I ended up in Eurostat's website.

The website is of course full of tables and stats of all sorts. I've picked here two tables that give interesting perspective to our assignment. I put both graphs together myself and therefore they may not look as formal as you would expect from Eurostat. I also didn't include all Eastern European countries, that would have made the graph impossible to read.

First graph is the Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate from 2000 to 2009 and forecast to year 2011 (complete table here). I am no expert in economics but I can tell one important character for the region and that is development.



Click the picture to view it in full size.

Another graph I picked is the one showing the percentage of Individuals aged 16 to 74 regularly using the Internet. On one hand this graph shows how rapidly Eastern Europe is developing. But on the other hand we can see that there is still a big gap to Scandinavian countries. Also it is visible that differences between Eastern European countries and significant. These figures sure have impact on the methods and forms of PR in the region.

1 kommentti:

  1. hi!!
    these slides are very interesting. Could it be that Romania is not doing so well because it is not so long a member of the EU?
    Maria

    VastaaPoista